This portal hosts version 1.0 of the EcoAssets datasets. The latest versions are accessible through the CSIRO Data Portal:
- Aggregated Data: Australian Species Occurrences 1900-2022 dataset: https://doi.org/10.25919/xpy6-t550
- Aggregated Data: Environmental Monitoring and Observations Effort 2010-2023 dataset: https://doi.org/10.25919/2y9j-jk11
EcoAssets is improving access to integrated environmental data in forms that can support national, and state and territory environmental assessment and reporting activities. The project was established to support the authors of the 2021 Federal State of the Environment (SoE) report which reviews how different pressures are changing Australia’s land and marine environments and how these changes will impact the economy and society.
Australian environmental research infrastructures and their data partners collect large amounts of data each year on all aspects of the environment. In the past these data have not been integrated across infrastructures, or provided at a scale and in a format suitable for environmental reporting at national, or state and territory levels.
Through EcoAssets, three of Australia’s national research infrastructures are working together to deliver open integrated data to support environmental assessment and reporting needs.
- Data Assets for Australian BiodiversityPublic access to data for environmental assessment EcoAssets has been working with the authors of the 2021 State of Environment (SOE) report to develop new …
- EcoAssets: Research data for environmental indicatorsA presentation by Donald Hobern, ALA, at the Ecological Society of Australia (ESA) Conference, November 2021 (online). Understanding biodiversity patterns is essential for efficient conservation …
- Delivering data to improve reporting on Australia’s environmentAustralia’s national research infrastructures are working together to streamline access to integrated data for Australia’s environmental reporting and assessment needs. The collaborative project is ensuring …